Fall Prevention Program
Falls should not be dismissed as simply a normal consequence of aging. Our Fall Prevention Program will increase your awareness and provide you with tools to decrease your fall risk and enhance your body’s natural balance system. Even if you have not had a fall but have noticed more unsteadiness during your daily routine, we can restore you to stability and strength.
- According to the Center for Disease Control, one of every five falls results in serious injury,
including broken bones and head trauma
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries
- 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling
Experiencing a fall or even just fear of falling can have serious consequences to your health and independence. Physical therapy can help reduce your risk and fear of falling.
There are multiple balance systems and areas that may be addressed to improve your stability, increase your independence and confidence, and decrease your risk of falling. Our personalized program of intervention is designed to achieve these goals.
Balance is negatively impacted by:
- Neurological disease
- Vision problems
- Inner ear disturbance
- Foot injuries/pain
- Neck or back pain
- Sedentary lifestyle
Our program includes:
- Thorough one-on-one evaluation
- Education on the systems of balance and specific risk factors
- Personalized program
- Home safety checklist
- Instruction on safe movement patterns
Have you had a fall? Do you feel less stable? Call us now at 949-861-8600 to schedule your free consultation to discuss how we can decrease your risk of falls and serious injuries.